We work in connection with a fantastic Legal team at LG Williams & Prichard. They strive to provide a quality service across a range of different areas of law. Their expertise allows them to offer advice and assistance to our clients for the vast majority of legal issues they face. They are also experts in dealing with new build properties. Here is a brief look at the team, and some of the ways they can help you:
Conveyancing is the legal process of transferring the ownership of a property and most sellers and buyers appoint a property lawyer or conveyancing solicitor
Choosing a competent and professional Property Lawyer or conveyancing solicitor is a vital component in the legalities of the property purchasing system. At Harry Harper, it is in our interests to work with professional, licensed conveyancers, which is why we have teamed up with LG Williams & Prichard to provide you with an unrivalled service.
Beverly, Sian and Kimberley: For any conveyancing queries, these are ladies for you! Whether you are buying, selling or re-mortgaging, they can advise you every step of the way and ensure a smooth, speedy transaction involving either freehold or leasehold properties. As well as residential property, they can also assist in the buying and selling of commercial premises.
The Conveyancing Process
- Getting started – Your property solicitor/conveyancer will provide you with a formal instruction form and other documents for you to complete. This will provide them with all the details about your house and you that are needed for the sale/purchase. You will need to provide proof of identification and residence for each person buying and selling.
- Sale of your property – Once a sale has been agreed, you should inform your solicitor/conveyancer and Prospect will send you our sales letters and memorandum of sale to your property solicitor/conveyancer and to your buyers solicitor/conveyancer.
- Purchase of your property – Your solicitor/conveyancer will liaise with your mortgage lender and the solicitor/conveyancer who is acting to your buyer.
- Searches – Your solicitor/conveyancer will liaise with your mortgage lender and the property solicitor/conveyancer who is acting for your buyer.
- Mortgage details – Your mortgage lender will send you and your Solicitor/Conveyancer the mortgage offer. He/she is responsible for explaining the terms and conditions of your mortgage offer. The Contract documentation and Mortgage Deed will then be sent to you for approval and signature, after which you return it to your solicitor/conveyancer.
- Exchange of contracts – Exchange of contracts takes place between the two parties’ property lawyers, usually by telephone. Following exchange, your signed contact is forwarded to the other party’s solicitor/conveyancer and they will send their party’s signed contract to your solicitor. At this stage, you and your seller/buyer will be legally committed to the transaction. Usually at this stage a date will have been agreed for legal completion. Your solicitor will then complete any final searches required by your lender and prepare the completion statement requesting any additional money from you
- Completion day!
For more information about conveyancing or to receive an instant quote, please call our team on 02920 310 555.